So in the last 36 hours, I:
1) Finally got told my car was totaled, two weeks after the accident, started making tentative plans to buy a new car, etc.
2) Interviewed for a promotion (basically more money to do the same job). It went well, I think? I came out of it only mildly sweat-soaked. Fingers crossed.
3) Got told my car is not totaled after all and instead will be in the shop until January 9. IN MICHIGAN. WHICH IS NOT THE STATE WHERE I LIVE.
4) Wrote less than 400 words, all not-very-interesting middle bits of my Yuletide story, which still has yet to cross the 1000 word threshold.
5) Forgot to bring pajama pants for my overnight stay at iulia
's (less aggravating than forgetting my hairbrush, but still not ideal).
I AM SO FUCKING DONE WITH THIS WEEK.
But tomorrow I get to watch The Nutcracker and then Spy Game with suitably appreciative audiences for each, so things are looking up, right? And I don't have to buy a car! And I still have... a whole week to write that Yuletide story. And maybe also that treat that I spent the whole drive to iulia
's happily contemplating when not trying to remember if I had packed my pajamas pants.
is terrible at surprises and waiting and so gave me my Christmas present Winter Soldier hoodie
immediately. So no matter how bad things get at least now I have a zip-up mask to hide behind when they do.