This is my first full week at the permanent location of my new job (...did I mention the new job? surely I mentioned the new job) and I have to work Saturday, which means I have tomorrow off. So... sort of the weekend, sort of still the work-week. I get to sleep in tomorrow, is the main thing.
With numbers, so I don't have to think of transitions:
1. I get to sleep in tomorrow and then go (indoor) climbing, which I have been too exhausted or otherwise discombobulated to do any earlier in the week. I went for the first time on Saturday (hooray local Groupon!) and promptly came home and joined disobey_gravity
, because that is what a fangirl does when she finds something awesome. She joins the relevant comm. ♥
(It was exhausting and daunting and I fell a lot
, but that is what the harness and rope and padded floor are for! And, you know--climbing on things! My inner bookcase-scaling toddler cannot get over being actively encouraged to climb on things.)
2. I shall not mention when, exactly, I have been having periods of time on my hands with access to the internet but not the freedom to visit overtly fannish sites, but the point is: I have been reading Arthur Conan Doyle courtesy of Project Gutenberg
. ( No spoilers, just rambling. )
3. Speaking of writing/head-exploding, I have just made what I think is the fourth start on the Aral/Jole story. Writing is hard, dog bites man, etc.
(Seriously though--I am trying to write Aral Vorkosigan coming to terms, emotionally, with honest polyamory. I BET DRINKING WOULD HELP.)
3a. ( I tell myself the worst bedtime stories. )
4. So it turns out I'm pretty much making a living wage now. Recent Amazon purchases include: Private Investigator Varg Veum: The Complete First Series
(Uhh... sure. Call it whatever you want, it's the first six Varg Veum movies in shiny Region 1 DVD!), I Spy Season 1
(I am officically un-adopting Bill Cosby as my TV Dad. He is too mind-bendingly hot as Scotty. I cannot cope. By which I mean, I LOVE THEM.), and, uh...( One other thing which I feel kind of sheepish about buying. )
5. Awesome, amazing trailer for Stargate SG-1: The Movie
. I really need to go rewatch all ten seasons right now
6. That reminds me, kuwdora
has made a wonderful Castle vid! Suddenly I See
is three solid minutes of all the parts of Castle I generally want to draw big sparkly hearts around. (And, yes, it is even safe for my brother to watch.) Highly recommended for being full of awesomeness.